Monday, April 14, 2008

What a day ... ... ...

Today supposed to be a very good day cos we had a guest speaker - Mr Pierre Herme for Home Coming. But sigh turns out it just happen to be one of my EMO day. Firstly , usually if we performed well in our exams, though just a piece of useless printed paper but to me ... since i got that for Term 1 ,,,, I was thinking why not just do my best try to collect all 5 ( cos total i only got 5 terms) BUT .. though i managed to get A+ for all my subjects , I did not get that 2pid paper :( and worst my daughter is getting better and catching up ... of cos i jealous but i happy for her , cos this shows that she will not be depress and say wans to quit skool anymore :P But I am still sad and angry for myself , cos I like to collect things in SETs ,,,, now this cannot be complete liao. Sigh.

Secondly is that , I wanted to ask Mr PH some questions regarding his books BUT did not get the chance :( Reasons ? ... First question was ask by my classmate ... so LL cos she more high profile ... 2nd .. before i could raised my hands , there is this 2pid guy , who is not even student of the skool , think is some staffs from some partners ... somemore ask in FRENCH wor .... chey ... take up my chances , thick skinned , then ask Mr PH about seafood with chocolate ... oh pls why dun you try yourself ? y ask Mr PH ? and what ? seafood in garnache ??? oh pls .... 2pid !!! And the last one ? was given to my classmates again just bcos LADIES first ? WATEVER !!!! pissed me off ..... I been waiting for the chance for the whole weeks !!! and dig out my info also just in case i ask wrongly !!! and there it was busted !!!! SAD

To make myself feels better , I decided to go Pine Gardens @ AMK to try their cakes cos been hearing about them but no chance , the pics on top are 4 cakes I bought ... but a bit disappointed though. 1) Black Forest - Nothing special, quite a lot of cherries BUT all flatten one, chocolate taste normal, not much kirsch (if there is any), 2) Orange Zest Chocolate - The orange layer zest smell nice when eat separate but if you eat together with the chocolate layer, it will cover the taste of the orange zest, 3) Lychee Martini - supposed to be good cos was listed as one of Top Singapore 50 Cakes by ST last sunday. but to me ... just normal, nice to have the puree in the layers and can taste of the martini but maybe becos it just a neighborhood cake shop, things use in the cake is very normal , nothing very special and if your expectation is higher, otherwise not too bad, 4)Strawberry Mousses - nice try , top jelly , center sponge and cream. 3 different texture BUT , they dun even glaze their strawberry ... very disappointed also the jelly would be better if stronger in flavour or maybe there should be some lemon or something to bring out the flat taste of just strawberry. I might not visit there again cos to me , it;s not too bad but ok ok only for a neighborhood cake shop. But saw their new menu ... they had a Bird nest cake ... and think with apple mousses or something ... that kinda of interest me :P till then .... Sigh not feeling much better cos those some sweet and nice cake might makes me feel better ... BUT yet again disappointed by MEDIA !!!

No comments: