Sunday, July 25, 2010

Free Lunch @ Nando's


Petisco
Cataplana
Espetada
Half Chicken

Won a meal for 4 @ Nando's FB page and decided to ask Bryan , Lynn and Yijia for the meal , since it's Mr B's B'day so did a cake to surprise him as well ( Also I save on $$$ to give him a treat ! ) So took a morning ferry @ 9.30 am , and reach SG @ 11.30 am and make my way down to Nando's pre opening meal @ Tanglin Mall. My sis was late , and my gal was even late , cos 3 of us went in w/o her first. Well I had actually read it wrongly , I thot was ALL U CAN EAT .. so was quite disappointed , cos we are limited to 1 starter , 1 main and 1 drink each , and for the drinks , they only allow 1 *special drinks/table , it's only $1 different from the normal soft drinks !!! , Well the handed us 2 * $100 GV and a Q&A form. I thot they could at least put it that , Max you can eat is $200 and anything more you need to top up , I think i be happier that way then to restrict this and that.

Well we ordered "Petisco" since all of the staff recommend that and for main we ordered the "Espetada with 2 sides " , "Espetada Rustica" and "Cataplana" and the waitress was like give that look and "oh ok " well dunno is it me think too much , or is like she is like giving us the " so you guys knows how to order the most expensive items" Duhz ... as if we are cheapo like that !!! Well the reasons why we order those are becos we tried in KL and really like it , and "Cataplana" is a new additional to the SG menu ! Kinda of turned off !
Well the food taste nice of cos , as well as the Peri Peri sauces !!! But ... some bad review here :-
1) the chicken was bit cold .. not as warm as expected cos the skewers were "hot"
2) Even the 1/2 chicken my daughter ordered was a bit cold also BUT the meat was soooooo tender .. loving it , even the BREAST !
3) The table a bit too small for us when the 4 main was served , think they change the plating , to give it a more high class look , compared to KL's mid valley one.
4) The staffs did come around and talk to us , which was good , BUT they was a point where I was talking and he was like looking elsewhere , I mean if you dun really like to pay attention ,then dun ask me ! I am just giving you my views ( cos I thot since I eat for free , least i should is to give my honest reviews)
5) The waitress was bit irritating , some of our plate was still with bit of foods AND we were holding on to our fork still , why keep asking if can clear the plates ? ( they at least asked 3 times ) they restaurant was not very full , why so kan cheong to keep plates ? I mean at least look at the customers , if they are holding their utensil , have the thots that we are still eating !!!

Other then those , had to admit , my fav is still Espetada ! And Thanks once again for the wonderful lunch ! Nando's !!! ( But we left still bit hungry LOL )

Green Tea with Avocado Mousse

No comments: