Tuesday, October 02, 2007

My lously day

Chef Jimmy's Show Piece


Chef Jimmy 's work

My ugly writing


Today seems to be a nice day ... as we only starts our class @ 10 am. Did the usual, had breakfast and went to school, thot y bag feel a bit lighter then usual then to realize that I left few stuffs in school locker. Reach school around 9.40am and the big shock..... I LEFT MY UNIFORM @ HOME !!!!! damm ... so "suay" sure will kena hell from Chef ... so faster called Bryan to send to me cos if I am to make my way home and back to school again ... that will be lunch time already. Anyway went to inform Chef Jimmy that I will join the class later cos I forget my uniform (dbl "suay" chef Frederic was there and think he say that no uniform then have to go back and that).
Join the class around 1030 am instead, they have already starting dealing with chocolate ... YES ... it's CHOCOLATE ... cos today we are going to learn chocolate piping. Attached is 2 pics, one is Chef Jimmy's Demo, the other is my ugly free hand- we are suppose to just draw lines n circles but I hand itchy, and feels not bad cos my lines sucks but Chef commented my writing not bad, quite even spacing just needs to be more stable and corrected my holding of the chocolate.
After lunch, the whole class had a talk with Chef Frederic regarding our concern mention in my previous post. Well P&C answers were given..... Eg. He can't take all 4 classes (cos we are the 3rd batch and 4th is coming in next Jan and that time why he took DIPB 1 & 2 is cos there was only 1 pastry instructor. Now with Chef Jimmy onboard, they will compliment one another and coming forward all classes that join will be like us. And the question on attachments, he mention that he visited 5 attachment sites (but b4 he can mention all 5, he was cut off at 2nd, he mention SATS n Bakerz Inn, which none of us was attached to any of it) But he did make sense as in not all attached site will be able to give us all the exposure cos due to the business nature. But I still think Hotel will be able to give better CV credo (I think lar)
Next we continue our lectures with chef Sony, ALL was tired n sleepy cos afternoon lecture and after a full lunch, Even the chef himself feels tired !!! ha ha . But there come another sad news.... World Gourmet Summit will be in 3rd year running (I think) and will be in SG next April again and there will be 3 scholarship given to 3 young/aspiring chef to be in 3 different category. This seems to be good news for all of us BUT that is only open to 18-26yo !!!!! Sigh even know I am not good enough for that but at least still can have a go and gain some experiences from that but because of the age limit, most of us don't even had a chance … sigh. Also I will not be attached to hotels thus chances of getting attached to WGS for the events will be 0, nil, none, never! Sigh * 2 (cos Chef Sony was telling us that since some of the major hotels will have events hosted and thus the staffs there might have chance to attached to some of the World famous chef to help them out and learn at the same time but as I mention before, only 3 of the whole batch is attached to hotel so it’s like killing out chances also. Quite low moral after hearing all these.
“Suay” things of the day 1) forget uniform 2) overage 3) no exposures

No comments: